Sunday, September 12, 2010

THINK TRANSFORM THRIVE

Today was sort of a weird day for me.  The Boy and I attended a College informational session for a University that he wants to go to.  It shouldn't have been as much of a shock to me as it was, he's been hearing from Colleges for almost a year and he and his uncle visited this same University during Spring Break.  Nevertheless, as I was sitting there listening to this woman extol the wonders of the University all I could think of was that soon my 'baby' will be out of the nest.

Yeah, I know, I'm a sap.  I want him to go, I'm excited for him to explore all the opportunities that are going to open to him.  I want him to thrive.

Thrive, now there's a good word.  A strong word.  It is also part of the brochure that we were given at our meeting today. 

THINK       TRANSFORM           THRIVE

While those words apply to my Oh So Charming Son, and his quest for the perfect College.  I believe that they are perhaps the hallmark of our new lifestyle.

Think.  Thinking is much more a part of even the simplest of tasks now.  We have to think about what we are going to be eating.  I have to think about my blood sugar levels throughout the day.  We have to think and be so much more involved with ourselves and each other than we were before.

Transform.  That would be the process that we are currently involved in.  Transforming our lifestyle and our beings.  This is the more obvious change that the world at large is seeing.

Thrive.  Now here is the pay off!  This is the princess at the end of the quest (or prince, whichever floats your boat!).  To not only embrace your new lifestyle, but to revel in it to the point that you can thrive!

It's come down to this.  Part of my job as a parent, is to show my son, that he can achieve what he sets out to do.  What better way to do that than to achieve my goals here; as impossible as they may be sometimes.

Think  Transform  Thrive.  I'm thinking I've found a new mantra! 

No comments:

Post a Comment