Saturday, September 11, 2010

The loss of Zen

Part of the new lifestyle makeover is Zenness.  (Is that a word?)  If not, I've just made it one.

I tend to be a little high-strung (hard to believe, right), and I have noticed, that when I get really upset, my blood sugars go totally wonky (another Katie word, I'm racking them up tonight).  So, I have been attempting to be calm, or Zen.

When I stay calm and relaxed, by numbers stay where they should.  Sounds simple right?  Yeah, in a perfect world.  Does anyone know where to find a perfect world?  I seem to have misplaced mine.

Today started so well, I was bopping down the road in my little yellow bug, with the rain coming down.)  I love rainy days!  Shortly after arriving at work, the day went down the drain with all the pretty little rain drops. 

After a horrible, terrible, rotten, no good, very bad day, I got into my little yellow volksy to head home.  You know what?  It is impossible to be upset and unhappy in a joyful little yellow bug!

By the time I got home, my Zen was back, and my blood sugar numbers were all back in line!  Happy, happy, joy, joy!!!

Happiness IS a little yellow bug!!

No comments:

Post a Comment