Thursday, September 9, 2010

Menu Planning

One of the most wonderful things (I think)) about the Dtour plan is the ease of meal planning and grocery shopping.  You can plan your meals online, switching out meals as you'd like, and when you are done, you hit a button and wa-la ~ Shopping list!  No muss, no fuss!  Ya gotta love that!

While we still follow the Dtour plan, every now and then, we 'dtour' ourselves and switch recipes out for new ones.  That was the plan for the evening.

Normally it is not that difficult; actually, it's a task I rather enjoy.  Tonight was a bit of a different story.  I could not figure out what to put together for some meals.  I know how to do it; Ive actually become quite adept at it.  But for some reason, my mind went blank.

Of course, it didn't help that The Boy was advocating for Subway.  I swear, he would eat Subway for every meal if he could.  I don't think he would ever get sick of it.  The child is a bit deranged!

When I was finally finished I was going back over the list and I noticed something really rather funny; I had almost 2/3rd of a page of vegetables on the list!  When I started counting there were 8 - no lie - 8 packages of salad greens on there!!  I may be in danger of becoming a rabbit!!

There were only 4 entries for meat on the entire list and I guess it goes without saying that there were no cakes, cookies, or snack treats.

There was about a 1/2 of fruits, and actually quite a few nuts and seeds.  I'm telling you, there is a real possibility that I may soon sprout fur and begin to hop about wiggling my cute little nose!!

1 comment:

  1. very amazing. they say you can learn whats important to a person by going through their checkbook. that shopping list revealed a lot too. kudos!
    ~a

    ReplyDelete