Friday, September 17, 2010

New thoughts and goals.

In prepping for the upcoming Step Out Walk, I went looking for a photo of my Grandfather.  We have no really good photos of him.  Odd, right?  I thought so too.

I went to my two Aunts and, one of them, came through with flying colors and sent me and entire envelope stuffed with photos of my Grandfather, as well as other members of my Dad's family.

I stood there looking at the faces of a Grandmother and Grandfather that I had never gotten the opportunity to know and felt like crying.  I have heard stories of these two amazing people, my one Aunt is a dead ringer for my Grandmother, yet, I never had the chance to know them, at all.

It was one of those moments that drives home the true purpose of this entire journey.  I don't want my grandchildren to someday be looking at a photograph of me wondering what I was like.  

That said, the fact that the scale seems to be broken and stuck on the same number is causing a bit of frustration for me.  Since frustration isn't healthy and really does me no good, I opted to motivate myself by setting a couple of new goals.

  1. When I reach my 'magic' under 200 lbs mark, I have asked my guys to take me climbing.  They both love to climb and whenever we have gone to the local indoor climbing wall I have always been forced to stand there and watch as they had all the fun.  No more.  It' MY time to have some fun!
  2.  I am waiting on a decision from the University in regards to my acceptance.  If and when I do get in, I absolutely have to lose the weight!  Who's going to hire a fat Dietitian? 
  3. Just once, I want to walk into one of those skinny people stores and buy something for me that actually fits without the pimple-faced, teeny-bopper clerks looking down their perky little noses at me.
  4. I want to RUN a 5K ~ not walk one.
  5. I want to go backpacking with my boys.  I miss that so very much!
Maybe I should post these on the fridge?  They may work better than a padlock!

No comments:

Post a Comment