Thursday, September 2, 2010

Roadblocks

I seem to have this new eating plan well in hand now (at least at the moment).  So it is well past time to tackle the very big, horrible obstacle that is standing in my way.  Yes, the thing I have been whining about . . EXERCISE!!!

We seem to have a pill or a speedy short cut for everything else these days, why not exercise?  Isn't there some magic pill I could swallow and in three days I'd be Miss Betty Buff?  Now there is a money making idea for someone!!

I know, I know.  If something seems too easy, it isn't worth doing.  So today, I took a look at our family budget to see if there was room in it for the Health Club, there wasn't.
The old Katie would have gotten frustrated and given up (while secretly happy).  If there was no money, there was no money, it wouldn't work, I couldn't do it!  

That Katie is gone.  This Katie is all about removing roadblocks; the mental as well as the financial! So, taking a deep breath, I ruthlessly started cutting things that I thought we could do without.  By the time I was done, there was not much left in the budget, but the money was found for the Health Club.

I am going to conquer this exercise thing!  I have to do it.  If I can give up chocolate, and my precious coffee, exercising should be easy, right?

I have a new goal as well!  As soon as I make it under the magic 200 lb mark, my boys are taking me to the climbing gym.  They love going to the climbing wall.  I've always stood and watched them as they scaled the walls and had all sorts of fun.  I never thought I could do it.  I'm going to do it!  As soon as I hit that magic little mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment