Friday, September 10, 2010

Cranberry Disaster!

Cruising down the road this morning, I happened to notice that one of the gas stations had an announcement on their marquee that said "Pumpkin Spice Cappuccino is back!"  I pointed this out to my mom, who was in the car with me.  She loves the pumpkin spiced coffees.

Of course the mention of "Pumpkin Coffee" made me think of fall and coffee, and that brought my mind to Starbucks.  AAhhh Starbucks. . . I do miss Starbucks.  In the fall when the Pumpkin coffees come out so does one of my all time favorite treats.  THE CRANBERRY BLISS BAR!

I love those bars!  Personally, I think they are better than chocolate!  As I was anticipating the annual introduction of my favorite treat, a horrible thought struck me.  I can not have them any more!  Hold the phone!  No more Cranberry Bliss Bars!  We may have to rethink this new eating regime!

I think this is one of those crossroads moments.  You know, a moment when you are forced to decide how committed you are to the road you are on.  Do you go the distance or do you step off and take the easy way out? 


I actually gave this some thought today.  Think about it, the easy way means, Starbucks, coffee, chocolate, french fries and burgers, and best of all, CRANBERRY BLISS BARS!  the current path mean no bliss bars.  Is there life with no bliss bars?

I did a little checking to see what the nutritional information is for the little bites of bliss to see if they were perhaps acceptable:  18 grams of fat and 38 grams of carbs!  No wonder I love them so much; they are really, really, REALLY not good for me!!

But then I thought to myself:  "Self, you have worked way too hard to get to where you are.  Are you really going to let a stupid little bit of sugar and fat screw you over now?"

Sometimes I hate it when I'm logical!!

No comments:

Post a Comment