Thursday, September 23, 2010

Be Careful What You Ask For!

My Grandmother always said, "Be careful what you ask for, you may get it."  Boy was she right!  

I went to my fist session today with our 'nice, young' trainer, David.  Last night, when we did our evaluations, he seemed so kind.  I don't know what happened to him between last night and this morning, but that facade was gone this morning!


The club has these machines called Kaiser machines.  I figure that they are named after the sadistic personality who created them as torture devices sometime in the middle ages!  They are these really evil machines that work with air pressure and that can be changed easily with the push of a button.  They would be really cool and fun, if they weren't inducing so much pain!

By the second machine I was hearing "Just one more.  You can push out just one more!"  I'm telling you, if it hadn't been so early in the morning, I would have slugged him!  


Why did I give up caffeine?  Who's bright idea was that?


By the time he was done with me, my arms and legs felt like jelly.  I thought about doing some cardio, but I don't think I could have climbed up on the treadmill!  So, instead, I crawled out to my little yellow bug and motored my way off to work.


Now, I just have to do it all over again tomorrow morning!

2 comments:

  1. awesome! now how do we get the trainer to make us show up? I am SO pathetically not working out or doing yoga. and my back is gonna give me trouble soon if i don't find my mojo. ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is usually my problem. My current motivation is the amount of money being spent on the club! That and I really, really want this to work.

    ReplyDelete