Saturday, September 4, 2010

Commitment

First of all, let me apologize for not posting last night.  I had every intention of writing an incredibly wonderful post; then I fell asleep.  I am not kidding, I fell asleep with my hands on the keyboard!  Wonderful hubby had to extract the computer from me.  I guess I was really tired!

What tired me out?  I had a very traumatic day!  In order to make the new endeavor a reality, I had to make room for it in a family budget that had little to no wiggle room.  So, since it was my day off, I sat down with the budget, the phone and my trusty laptop and began to cut, cut, cut.

First thing to go?  My precious audible books.  They are my salvation when I drive.  I love to listen to books when I drive.  But, as exercise is more important at the moment, away the books went.  Anyone who knows me well will tell you this is a monumental sacrifice for me!

After the  books were gone, things were a bit easier. Cut, slash, and cancel, that was the mantra of my day.  At the end of it, I had cleared enough funds for the Health Club.

When I told Amazing Hubby what I had done, he was really proud of me.  It was funny, but I don't think even he understood how serious I was about this exercise thing until that moment.  Frankly, I didn't either.

Watch out Health Club, here I come.  I don't think the club or I will be the same after this!!

Speaking of commitment, TEAM FREEDOM is waiting for members to join!  Where is everyone?  Come on folks!  Join the team!  Don't leave us out there to walk on our own!  You can do it!  I'm looking forward to having a party and walking with all of you on that day!!  If you can't walk, donate!  Remember, all the money goes to Diabetes research.

Here is the link again :
STEP OUT: WALK TO FIGHT DIABETES!!!

Come on!  It's one morning!  We can do it together!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment