Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sometimes I Surprise Myself!

This evening I decided that I was bored with what I had been eating for lunch.  I was in a rut and I was tired of it.  So, I went trolling on my new favorite websites looking for something new for lunch.   Dlife.com and Diabeticlivingonline.com are my new best friends along, of course with dtour.prevention.com.

I found a tasty looking frittata that sounded like a lovely change of pace.  Hubby said he would pop down to the market and get what I needed.  As he was getting ready to leave I stopped him and asked him to get me some veggies to go along with it.  The words "Veggies are my friends!"  came out of my mouth!

I laughed and made a comment about some of the things I say now that would never have come out of my mouth before.  It entertained me so much,  that made a quick list of things I have said this week that would never have crossed my lips, much less my mind a year ago.

I can't function in the morning without my smoothie!
Veggies are my friends!
 Flax seed - the world's most wonderful food!
 No, I can't eat a McDonald's burger!  Are you out of your mind?
  Gogi Berries, we need more Gogi berries!
 Best smoothie ever!

Oh what a difference a few months can make!  We are coming up on Marching Band Competition season.  Usually that means lots of Saturdays spent at schools, watching many marching bands and eating concession food.  Not this year.  This year, I am figuring out what size cooler I am going to need and what sorts of snacks I need to pack to keep me going all day.

I'm liking this new me.  It's much more refreshing and much more fun than the old, boring, junk food, scarfing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment