Monday, January 10, 2011

No one really knows why someone stops the forward momentum of their lives.  They may be 'stuck' and don't know where to go or what to do.  Perhaps something has occurred in their lives to make them stall in certain areas of their lives.  There may be trauma or sadness that keeps them from finishing something they have started.

This morning as I was trudging through the snow trying to find the building that I had lost again, I felt as if I was on my way to slay a dragon.  My past.  

I figured out a long time ago that this journey was about much more than losing weight and changing the way that I eat.  Today was a major step forward for me in a lot more ways than one!

I can do this!  I can conquer college!  I can also finally, finally, put my past behind me and move forward without the ghosts and fears.

Huh . . maybe I should go upstairs and weigh myself.  I feel 20 pounds lighter today!

No comments:

Post a Comment