Monday, January 17, 2011

Falling of my own wagon

I have made comments before about emotional eating.  You all know that I tend to eat my turmoil.  I have even made a comment or two regarding food addiction.

I am rethinking my former position.  Friday evening, The Boy had a spot of trouble.  He called home for help.  I calmed him down and then sent is father after him (The Boy had my car, so I was stuck).

Once I got off the phone with him, I headed straight for the kitchen, without even realizing what exactly I was doing.  Not cool.

Saturday, I had to go into work for a bit and something awful happened while I was there.  I didn't even wait until I got home. I stopped at a fast food restaurant on the way home!  Even less cool.

I am very frustrated and angry with myself.  (Yes, that makes me want to head for the kitchen as well!)  I need to stop this!

I am at a loss as to where my self control was.  I have always been a bit lax, but lately, I seem to be helpless when it comes to this topic.  I loathe myself after words, and create a terrible downward spiral for myself.

I am better than this.  I know I am.  I just need to figure out how to put a leash on myself.

Perhaps I could wrap the refrigerator with that wire used in electrical fencing.  Then I would get a giant zap every time I went for the fridge!

Hmmmm. . . that might just work . .

1 comment:

  1. take the time that it takes to regroup and regroup. and do not ignore that >>>take the time it takes<<<< part, but not MORE time than it takes. Just thought of something I received last week that I need to copy & past on your wall for you. xoxoxoxoxo ~a

    ReplyDelete