Thursday, January 6, 2011

Losing my Way?

I have been looking over some of my past posts this evening.  It seems like I am getting away from my original focus.  The weight loss and the eating plan.  Perhaps I have strayed a bit as this journey has seemed to have taken on a life of its own.

Something happened yesterday to remind me of what the point of this venture is. It has been on my mind today and I must admit, I am amazed with myself.

My weight loss has seemed to have slowed down over the  holidays and lately I have been feeling a bit discouraged.  

I went shopping for last minute school things yesterday, and my mom went with me.  I had to get some new boots and I despise shoe shopping.  (Yes, I am really a girl.  I'm just a girl with children's size feet and it is hard to find shoes in my size.)

I also needed some gloves and a hat to keep me warm while I am wandering around campus.  My eyes landed on a brightly strapped cap with a pink and white flower on it.  I had to try it!  I put on the happy little hat and found a pair of bright pink gloves to to along with them.  My mom looked at me and started to laugh.  She said I looked cute in the hat.  (I am normally not a hat person.)

As we were leaving to head to find boots, the hat and gloves in a small bag swinging from my hand; it dawned on me that I had just purchased bright colors.  My wardrobe has been mostly black, gray and dull colors the last few years.

It seemed like the larger I became, the darker and baggier my clothing became.  When I was young I favored bright colors.  I have found my way back to bright happy colors.

I feel like I am breaking a shell that was hemming me in.  As I am becoming happier and healthier again, the bright colors are coming back into my clothing.

I like happy.  Happy is good!  I haven't lost my way at all.  As a matter of fact.  I think I am finally on the right path after wandering in the dark for far too long!

1 comment: