Friday, February 11, 2011

Sorry that it has been a few days.  This whole week has been a whirlwind!  I survived the Algebra test.  Yea me!

Then this morning, there was the Biology test. Understand that I have come to love this class!  It is so interesting and fascinating that I am actually willingly getting up early to make sure I am there!

But this morning, was testing day!  I thought I was fine and ready.  Until I sat down clutching my #2 pencil and was handed my packet  of questions and the scan tron sheet.  I took one look at that white sheet, with all those empty little bubbles, and promptly had a panic attack. 

My heart felt like it was going to bounce right out of my chest, the butterflies in my stomach somehow morphed into B-52s.  I started to hyperventilate!  It was a nightmare.  The young lady next to me asked me what was wrong, and for some odd reason I wanted to laugh!

What was wrong?  Did she not see how ridiculous this picture was?  I am a 40+ year old woman, sitting in a room full of college jocks and teeny-boppers with a scan tron and a number 2 pencil in my hands.  What the  %#$*_)*&$ was I thinking??

I took some deep breaths and calmed myself down a bit.  Taking one last huge gulp of air, I opened the test booklet.  Did you know that testing booklets are now written in some obscure Latin dialect?  That must have been it; because I did not recognize any of those words on the page!

I did pull it together enough to complete the test.  How much of it was correct remains to be seen.

One thing is for sure.  I came face to face with one of my lifelong terrors today, and came out with my head held high.  I think I can do this after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment