Monday, February 21, 2011

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Exactly one year ago today I took a step on a new journey.  An adventure that has taken more twists and turns than I ever dared imagine.


One of the most wonderful things is that all of you have gone along with me, offering an endless supply of support and encouragement.  I don't think that I could have made it as far as I have without all of you!

A year ago, I thought I would try something new.  The blog seemed like the perfect way to keep myself accountable to my new eating plan.  I has been so much more than that.  It has helped me learn things about myself that I had never known before.

I have poured out my hopes, fears, triumphs, and setbacks on the 'pages' of this little blog of mine.  I may not have made my ultimate weight loss goal (okay, it was way to much to expect), but I have learned to be proud of how far I have come and am working my way towards accepting myself as I am.  (That is huge for me!)

If someone had told me a year ago that I would be sitting here today, writing my blog while my Algebra homework sits next to me, I would have laughed them out of the room!  Yet, here I sit, Algebra next to me and Biology waiting in the wings.  Me, back at college, who would have thought?

By opening myself up to everyone who reads this blog, I have been able to fly past roadblocks that had stopped me for many years.   I am so far removed from the person I was that I am not sure I would even recognize that person anymore.

My next challenge is to decide what to do with this blog.  Do I keep it as a blog, or expand it into a full-blown website?  Any one have any ideas?

This all comes down to one thing.  I have come a long way in a year, and I know that I still have a way to go.  but I could not have done any of this without your support!  You all have been wonderful and I am so blessed that you check in on my little blog daily.

Thank you again.  Stay tuned.  I have a feeling this adventure is only beginning!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Katie I am so proud of you! wow a whole year already you have helped us too keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It feels like it has gone so fast. Boy, I don't know about a website, only you know how many things are spinning around in your head and heart, waiting for expression. JUST don't take away the blog, unless, of course, you expand into something else from it. Loads of love to you! Keep up the good work. Two steps forward...wait a little.... two steps forward, no step back...wait a little...one step forward.. breathe....wait...two steps...
    love ya ~a

    ReplyDelete