Saturday, February 19, 2011

Date night

For the first time in a long time, hubby and I went out on a date last night.  It was our 'Valentine's Day' outing.  Dinner and a movie.

He took me to my very favorite restaurant, The Food Dance Cafe.  I love everything about the restaurant, the food is exceptional, the atmosphere is amazing and the staff are so wonderful, you never want to leave.

One of the things that is amazing about this place, is that there are always many vegetarian options and everything is fresh.  Checking out the menu, my eyes immediately went to three things:  Grilled Salmon, Pumpkin Risotto, and the pasta special of the night that had  all sorts yummy veggie things in it.  I asked the waitress and she suggested the salmon.  Salmon it was!
 Yes, it tasted as good as it looks!  Not only that, it looked this wonderful when it came to the table.  It was almost too pretty to eat!  I ate it anyway and let me tell you , I have never had such a wonderful piece of fish!

Part way through the meal, hubby looked at me and told me he was proud of me.  He said that a year ago, I would have gone right for the steak or chicken and not even glanced at the fish or veggie options.  I passed on a glass of wine and stuck to cranberry juice and club soda.

As special as the night was, everything else paled in comparison to those comments.  It has been almost a year and I am still sticking with it.

I'm proud of me too!

1 comment: