Saturday, April 30, 2011

I'M BACK! ! BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID!!

I apologize for being away so long.  I haven't forgotten anyone or anything.  I needed some time to regroup and decide how I wanted (needed) to proceed.

Okay, I'll be honest.  I was sulking.  I'm not proud of it, but that was what I was doing.  Sorry about that.

When this all started, I wanted to do it alone. well okay, not alone, but without a solid program or meetings or things of that nature.

My trip to the Nutritionist made me rethink my whole position.  You know what?  I can't do it alone, sometimes in life, you have to admit that you need help.

This has been very difficult for me to admit to myself.  I hate it when I let myself down, which is what I had thought that i did.  I considered myself a failure.

I really need to stop that!

Stopping now!

Hubby and I went out tonight for a very rare night out.  We had a conversation about what I was thinking and feeling and where we had thought things have gone off the rails.  

I figured it out, and in the interest of full disclosure (that was the deal at the beginning of this journey), here is what I (we) figured out:

  1. Getting tired makes you lazy and makes fast food much more attractive at the end of the day.
  2. Going to the store at the end of a long day and grabbing the first thing you see (even if it's a good for you thing, is a bad plan).
  3. Not exercising (even when you hate it) is just plain stupid!
  4. I have realized that I am, in fact, an addict.  I do believe that I am addicted to food.  Especially food that is bad for me!
  5. I need to swallow my pride, stop sulking, and take the help that I need to get where I need to go.
I have a new plan!  As was suggested, I joined Weight Watchers (online version, I have no desire to go to weekly meetings).  There will be weekly weigh ins again.  Every Sunday, rain, snow, or tantrum!

We are going back to weekly menu planning and I will be avoiding the grocery store for the foreseeable future.

New plan, check
New Attitude, check
New determination, check

The only thing I need now, is a new philosophy:

When you pursue your dreams with focus, self-doubt can't catch you!

1 comment:

  1. <3 Glad to hear it!! xox You aren't alone in this struggle. But doing Weight Watchers without the meetings without the meetings is still 'going it alone', isn't it? ~a

    ReplyDelete