Thursday, April 14, 2011

Doctor's visit

So, after a week or so of bouncing sugar levels, I went to see the Doctor.  Unfortunately, my Doctor was not available for another week, so I saw another Doctor in the same office.   Wow, was that a mistake!

She did do an A1C test.   The A1C is helpful because it gives you the average of all your blood sugar levels for the last 3 months.  Another blow.  My A1C is up by almost 2 full points!  Which is really weird as I have had a streak of low (hypo) readings!

Then came blow number 2, I am up 20 pounds from my last Doctor's visit.  That visit was approximately a month ago.  How is it possible that I gained that much weight in such a short time.

Something is not right!

Fortunately, she is giving me a referral to go and see a Dietitian at the Diabetes Care Center.

I am feeling deflated (or is it inflated?), and defeated at this moment.  I need to regroup.

1 comment: