Friday, April 15, 2011

Back to the beginning

When things get tough, when they get really, really difficult; that is the time that you discover exactly how committed you are to your endeavor.  I have taken time this week to decided exactly what I wanted to do.  I was tired, frustrated and defeated.

I have an appointment next week to go see a Dietitian at the Area Diabetes Education Center.  I am not going near a store that sells food until I can keep myself under control.  I am lucky that I have two strong and wonderful boys to help me through.  Besides, they stay to a shopping list better than I do!

I will confess to having horribly strong sweet and chocolate cravings!  Luckily, my requests for chocolate and sweets are being met with a very solid wall of NO!

I made it through this particular bog before.  Hopefully I remember the way good enough to not get sucked down into some chocolate syrup filled hole!

1 comment:

  1. sometimes we have to fail enough times to recognize our patterns & weaknesses and understand them and move ahead. xoxox ~a

    ReplyDelete