Sunday, March 20, 2011

Whatever

Grocery shopping - $100.00+ dollars
Menus for the week - Planned
Getting back on track - PRICELESS!

The other night, after reading my blog, wonderful hubby sat down with me to discuss what we were going to do.

Ironically, just a couple of days before, The Boy had a conversation with hubby about my blood sugar and testing.  He asked his dad if I had been testing like I was supposed to.

The answer at that precise moment was no, I hadn't been.

The recounting of that conversation was the final blow for me.  When the children are noticing something awry, you know you have really gone off the tracks!

So, this evening, while everyone else was chowing down on my signature wet burritos, I was delving into a spinach salad and this awesome quiche I make that had feta cheese and artichokes in it!  It was the bomb!

Yes, I could have had a burrito, but my burritos, are 609 calories.  That is okay once in awhile, but not today!  The boys got what they want and I got to feel very virtuous as I sat there eating my bunny food!

You would not believe how wonderful it feels to have meals for the week done and all the groceries in the house, so no one has to run out at the last minute and pick something up.

We are also avoiding that horrible conversation that happens almost daily lately.  "What do you want for dinner?"  Response, "I don't know, what ever you want is fine."  Yeah, right!  The minute it is cooked and food is on the table you get "the look".  Followed by an "Oh, this is what we are having, I didn't want this."

Sometimes that makes you want to scream and beat them about the ears with the spaghetti noodles had just placed on the table!

One of my favorite day dreams involves opening a restaurant.  I have the perfect name for it.  "WHATEVER".  It's perfect!  Think about this.  You are tooling down the road and you ask the passenger what they want to eat, which restaurant do they want to go to; and you get the normal response.  "I don't know, whatever."

Then you could actually pull into Whatever and order what you want!  This is an awesome plan!  We could serve "I don't know" burgers and a "You decide" salad bar.

Just think of the possibilities, it would be an overnight sensation!  Before long "Whatever" could replace McDonald's!  Watch out clown dude, you are about to be toast!  (Yes, we would serve toast too!)

2 comments:

  1. I was very impressed this evening as you ate your spinach Salad and the totally awesome quiche.

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep it coming girlie! ~a

    ReplyDelete