Friday, March 11, 2011

Grocery Shopping

I think it has been awhile since I went on one of my 'famous' rants.  Buckle up everyone, because I am Fired Up!

Here is the deal, due to some very odd and bizarre circumstances, the food budget around here is going to be even tighter than usual.  Heavy sigh, but okay, we can deal with that.

I thought . . .

Then I went to the grocery store.  Remember all that beautiful food that I had been wanting and wishing for?  Yeah, I may have to continue to wish.  Has anyone seen the price of fresh whole foods lately?  Apparently you no long buy a whole apple, it must come with the entire orchard for the price I saw!

You would not believe all the sale prices, discounts and new low prices I saw.  Except they were all on crap!  I could actually fill my cart with over a hundred dollars worth of food and eat like a queen for a week with no problem!  Of course at the end of that week, wonderful hubby would be shopping for a casket for his wife, but that's just a detail right?

A short stroll to the produce isle depressed me beyond belief!  For the same amount of money I could  put together enough meals to get us through 4 days. 

Does anyone else see the problem here?  Everyone is supposed to be eating healthier.  The media, the physicians, heck, event he government is yelling for people to stop eating so much packaged food and yet, that crappy food is so much less expensive!

Here's the other thing, in order to make the crappy food they have to start with a base of something natural (don't they?).  Then they take a bunch of chemicals and other mysterious ingredients (that all probably mutate any and all mice they tested it on!) after all of this, some really overpriced advertising agency has to hype it and make people believe that it is some nice healthy natural food.

Does this make sense to anyone?  If the garbage food has to be so processed shouldn't it be more expensive then the fresh food that doesn't have all those nice expensive chemicals and flavor enhancers in it?  I'm really confused.
 
I want the rainbow.  I want to taste the rainbow! 

I just don't want it to be skittles!

No comments:

Post a Comment