Friday, March 18, 2011

Confession

I got up this morning, took a shower and pulled on my clothes on.  I stepped in front of the  mirror to check out the outfit and there it was, a bump has appeared in what was flattened a few weeks ago.  It was the final straw in what was a difficult week.  I stood there and looked at myself in the mirror and realized exactly how badly I had screwed up.  Not only that, I had let myself and all of you down.

I seem to have lost my way, diet wise of late.  With all the new changes, starting school and the stress that has become our daily life, some things seemed to have slipped.  Unfortunately, what I had let slip is the core of what I was becoming.

It happened so slowly, so quietly, that I never even noticed.  Until this morning.

We have all but stopped doing a big grocery shopping for the week, it just seemed too hard to fit it all in.  Having a menu for the week and the appropriate food on hand has become a thing of the past.

How on earth could I let this happen?  How could I have let myself down like this?

I've been feeling horrible lately and wondered why.  Sometimes I'm not the brightest bulb in the box!

I am angry at myself I don't even know what to do!

Wait, yes I do!  Beating myself up is not going to do any good.  That will just make me more depressed and then I'll start eating everything in sight again.

I can do this!  I know I can!  I HAVE to do this.

Where do I start?
  • Buy a new scale.  I haven't been doing my weekly weigh in since it broke.  Guess we are back to Sunday morning weigh-ins.
  • Menu.  It has become hard to make a solid menu for a family of three who seem to be on 8 different schedules.  I can't let that be an excuse.  I've never shrank from difficult before, and I won't now.
  • Exercise, my big nemesis!    I need to get off my hiney and get to work.
I apologize for letting you all down.   But I can fix this.  So it looks like me and this wonderful blog are going back to basics!

1 comment:

  1. you can do this! ;) the blog helps you follow your own patterns and strengths and weaknesses and will help you to stay anchored and learn from things that didn't work. its good that you've got a long rope on your anchor, and that it is tied firm. it means you'll succeed over time from wisdom and maturity, and be less likely to rebel and be done with your efforts. you can do this. you are learning what it takes for you to do this, and that is not wasted effort.

    ~a

    ReplyDelete