Monday, March 28, 2011

The Visit.

What an amazing two days!  I has been a long time since the three of us were able to go away together and relax a bit.  What an amazing time we had!  If the wind had been a bit less chilly, it would have been better, but we were in Chicago after all.

The college visit was wonderful.  I always thought that I would approach these things with some trepidation and melancholy.  That part of me would be sad that my child was going away.  That was so far from the way I felt and do feel about the experience!

I could see The Boy there.  I could see him among those buildings, in those classrooms, stretching his mind and soul.  I know that sounds weird, but that is the way I felt.  It looks and feels like somewhere my boy will be happy.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, you've probably said what school it is before? ~a

    ReplyDelete