Sunday, October 23, 2011

Will Power

Hubby and I relaxed a bit this evening and watched a movie I had wanted to see when it was in the theater; The Green Lantern.

When I was a kid I used to read everything I could get my hands on.  But one of my favorites was comic books.  There was nothing better than climbing up a tree and spending the afternoon lost in a comic book!  Those were wonderful days!

The Green Lantern was my favorite because of how he became a super hero.  He was chosen by a ring created by a race of immortal beings.  The rings were green because green was the color of will, the most powerful thing in the universe.  The Green Lantern could make anything he could think of.  That's why I thought he was so cool.  He wasn't born on a special planet which imbued him with special powers.  He was  a guy who faced his fears and used his will to defeat his enemies.  Who wouldn't love that!

Watching the movie tonight reminded me of the power that comes from our strength of will.

I am facing a new battle and for the last couple of weeks, I think I have been letting it get to me.  Diabetes, Celiac's and IBS, is  a heck of a trio to face, but it can't be impossible!  I just have to change may attitude and come up with a new meal plan!

If the Green Lantern can defeat Prilax, I can defeat my little trio of trouble makers!  Right?

Right!  If it can be done, I'm the person to do it!!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! I will be off Wednesday and Thursday. Would there be a time that would be ok for me to spin by? ~a

    ReplyDelete