Sunday, October 16, 2011

Burrito night . . .saved!

The war between my body and my self is at an end.  I lost.  (I really, really hate that!!)

I now am off gluten.  Which wipes out virtually all of my sweet treats!  Wipes out bread too!  Do you know that Campbell's puts gluten in their tomato soup?  Who does that?!

I have one more test set up for Tuesday but as of now it has been called at Celiac's and I have lost all gluten from my diet.  It was weird how fast I began to get better once we eliminated it!


My big worry was burrito night.  I know it sounds strange but that is a weekly staple around here and none of us wanted to give it up!  How exactly do you make burritos without a flour tortilla?  True we could use corn tortillas, but they are too small and The Boy is not really fond of them.

Not to worry though, I found a book.  Of course I found a book!  I can find a book on virtually anything I need to learn!  I found a cookbook that had a recipe for gluten free tortillas!  Yes, I am now making my own tortillas!

They were the best burritos ever!  I cannot believe how much difference the homemade tortilla made!  Hubby was in burrito heaven.  The Boy was working, but we saved one for him.

I can change anything I have to change to get well and back to work.  But it is a relief to know that some of our family traditions (no matter how silly) do not have to be abandoned, just adapted!

My body better be done with it's little war though, otherwise I'll be reduced to bread and water.  Oh wait!  No more bread.

I'll be reduced to just water??

2 comments:

  1. but Meghan had a picture up of an absolutely darling birthday cake she made for her baby Russel's birthday, and she said it was gluten free. there's gotta be more options...sorry I haven't gotten over yet, having motivational deficiencies. xox ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gluten free cake sounds absolutely wonderful. However, now I must align a diabetic diet, a gluten free diet, and an IBS diet. It seems what one does not eliminate the others do.

    I think I can have water!

    ReplyDelete