Friday, October 7, 2011

What to do, what to do?? The answer is with me.

If you can't go around it, over it under it or through it, how do you get by it?

Answer:  You figure out a way to work with it.

It seems like an obvious answer, but it has taken me awhile to figure out.

I've been sick for about six or seven weeks now.  No one seems to be able to tell me what is wrong.  They have or are running every test in the book.  I have had cameras stuck everywhere while the Doctor's are trying to figure out what is wrong.  So far they have come up with nothing except more tests to run.

The way I understand it, if they find nothing out from the tests then a diagnosis will be made from three possibilities.
  1. Celiac Disease
  2. Chrone's Disease
  3. IBS - irritable bowel syndrome
All of which sound absolutely lovely!  By the by, who came up with Chrone's?  What an awful name.  It would make one feel like a little old crabby lady!  Especially if you happen to be male.

So why should I wait around for the Doctors to finish poking and prodding?  I can take action myself.  I've been doing a little reading already, but now is the time to dive in!

If I can come up with a workable eating plan (that I can keep down), I may be able to get to work in another week or so.  I just need to make sure that I can tolerate what I eat.

It will mean a different lifestyle, but we are used to that around here.  We've been changing our lifestyle for the past couple of years, what is one or two more changes?

I have also decided that my body has a problem with the prefix "glu"  as in glucose, and gluten.  My body seems determined to reject sugar and gluten products.  Okay, I can figure out how to work with it!

I am going into full on research  mode today!  I'm tired of sitting around!

I can't go through it, over it, under it, or around it, so I will figure out a way to work with it!!

2 comments: