Friday, May 6, 2011

The things people say!

Last night was the big end of year concert by our amazing high school bands.  It was a huge success with wonderful music and a few laughs thrown in.  Every time I see these kids perform I marvel at the skill and talent that they have!

I saw a lot of people that I haven't seen in awhile.  I haven't been around so much since I now have my head buried in a book (computer).


Needless to say, quite a few people asked me where I had been.  When I replied with "Class", most people wanted to know what I was taking and what degree I wanted.

Except for one person.  This particular individual looked me up and down and said.  "That's interesting, I suppose you do need it."

I was shocked!  My first impulse was to say "Who do you think you are to judge me?"  But I didn't.  I am attempting to be calm and cool in the face of adversity.  It's working, most of the time.

I don't remember what exactly I said, but I muttered something and then continued on my way down the hall.  When we got home, I suddenly thought of the perfect response, but by then it was long past time to deliver it effectively!

Why do people do that?  How insensitive, rude, and insulting, could they be?  I am always surprised at what people say.

But it did get me thinking.  I need to really buckle down and get to work.  No one will listen to a fat dietitian!


I hate it when rude people actually have a valid point!

1 comment:

  1. ouch! but sometimes true. :( ~a (about rude people usually having a point but no manners)

    ReplyDelete