Saturday, May 21, 2011

Obsession

I've been thinking a lot lately about my journey and why I am stalled.  I have come to one conclusion.  Exercise.  Exercise has become my new Myron!  I can not seem to get myself motivated to get moving (literally).  Here is my answer:

I need to find a way to become obsessed with exercise!

I have no idea how to do that, but I need to.  If I can become obsessed with it, I can get myself going.  When I get an idea in my head and become obsessed with it, even for awhile, I can make it a habit.  

I can do that!  That is a plan.  Oh wait, I need a new exercise bra!  I have this really awesome Zumba DVD that I am excited about, but there is a lot of jumping up and down and I am afraid that I am going to end up with a couple of black eyes!  Okay, new bra and exercise.  I can handle that one!


Next on my agenda was my 'cheating'.  I keep having these awful sweet cravings and I haven't been able to figure out how to stop them.  So, I have decided to use a subtle reminder.  This afternoon, I put the following sign on the refrigerator:


A little subtle reminder of what is at stake.  I hate to lose!  And this journey is way too important to let a little smarmy dude like Myron win!  NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!


All right, so now I have a new plan. Tomorrow is my birthday, so I think I have come up with a pretty good birthday present to myself!

Tomorrow is weigh in day, as well. . . . . .

3 comments:

  1. have you been seeing any of the stuff Christine has been posting on 'hooping'? I googled to find out how folks make their own hoops... 160 or 100 psi silverline flexi pipe... 3/4 inch or 1 inch with a connector. the hoops are 40 - 44 inches, possibly less. I will send a video. it made it sound pretty fun. think it might be a good option to have in the bag of tricks for trying to find an activity we feel like doing. ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you A ~ Let's check this hooping thing out! Do you have to know how to hula-hoop?

    ReplyDelete