Tuesday, May 3, 2011

GRADES ARE IN!!!

My fist term back at college is complete and the grades are in!

Computers:  A
Biology:  C
Algebra:  B-

I can not believe that I got a B in Algebra!  I've never gotten a B in math in my life!!!   I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

Being proud of myself is a new experience for me.  It's a little odd and I'm not sure exactly how to deal with it.  Okay, I know that sounds weird, but there it is.

All my life, I've been the screw-up.  The emotional one, the book-worm, but never the academic.

My brother was the academic in the family.  He would never crack a book and walk out of class with an A!  I never understood how he did that.

I was three years behind him.  I'd get into a class, the teacher would do roll, when they got to my name they'd say "Oh, your Mark's sister.  I know what to expect out of you."  Then when my grades didn't measure up to what they had 'expected' the disappointment was obvious.

I know it sounds silly, but that has followed me all of my life.  When I was younger I used to be really mad at my brother (like it was his fault!).  I've gotten over that as I got older.

After all this time, I have given myself the gift of finishing my education and taking my life in a new direction!  Yes, it means sacrifice.  Not just for me, but for the family and my friends as well.

I'm proud of myself!  I am actually proud of myself!

That's pretty cool!

1 comment:

  1. looks like some postive payback on you investments for this past few months after all, huh? hugs. eat that up Myron ~a

    ReplyDelete