Friday, May 13, 2011

Heads up!

As much as I try otherwise, sometimes I am slow on the uptake.  Last week I had the opportunity to spend some time with my wonderful friend.  We hadn't spent any time together in awhile because she didn't want to distract me from studying.  That's just how wonderful she is!

We went to have a pedicure.  (One of the upside to Diabetes!)  We passed the time talking and catching up.  During the conversation she said that she was really happy for me.  That this past winter she didn't hear or see any of the signs of depression that I seem to fall into every winter.  She said that I sounded happy and busy.  She was really proud of me for that!


I hadn't thought about it . . .but she was right!  For the first time in many, many years I had avoided the horrible dark hole I usually slip into after the holidays.


Then, as I was leaving work one day this week (after a particularly brutal day) I realized that I was looking at the trees, not the cement.  Okay, I know that sounds a bit odd, but most of my life I have walked with my head down and eyes on the ground.  Not anymore!  Somewhere in the last year or so, my head has come up so I can see the trees and sky about me instead of the cement and dirt!


Just a couple more gifts that have come from this journey.  


I wonder what will be next . . . . .

1 comment: