Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Enlightening Assignment

I don't know if I told you, but I am taking a "Hippy" class this term.  It is called Relationship Centered Skills for Health Professionals.  I am LOVING this class!

Our assignment for tomorrow is to do a Parts map.  Basically it is a visual representation of all the different "parts" of me.  I thought it was going to be easy, I could not have been more wrong!

I started at about 9:00AM and I have just now finished.  It really made me think about who I am and what 'parts' make me up.  I have the mom part, wife part, work part . . .


I ended up doing a collage of the different parts of me.  It took a lot of thought.  The background is an open book, which alludes to my love of reading as well as the fact that since we started this journey, I have had to be an open book.  clever, huh?

This really involved a lot of soul searching.  I was surprised how much I figured out about myself and which parts I considered important.  Do I value the "working Katie" more than the "student Katie"?  What about the wife and mom parts, where do they figure in?

Think about it.  If someone asked you to make a graphic representation of your "parts" what would you do?  What would end up on that page?

1 comment: