Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sabbatical over!

Miss me?  I apologize for not posting in so long, but I have been through something life changing and I think it has taken me a little bit to process it.

After the class I took earlier in the summer, I decided to take another of the classes in the Holistic program.  This was a two week Intensive class on Holistic approaches to Stress.  I thought the "intensive" part was because the 13 week class had been compressed into two weeks.  Oh how wrong I was!

This course took my perceptions of stress, and of myself and turned them upside down!


First thing I took from the class:  You create your own stress.  Think about that.  We create our own stress.  It is a simple sentence, but there is so much meaning in those few words.  There are personality traits that make one person more prone to stress than others, but deep down, the truth of the matter is that we create our own stress.

During the course we took a Stress Evaluation Survey.  My results were so high that it actually scared me!  I can't keep walking around like this.  I have to do something.


We were taught different ways to relax and overcome stress.  Meditation is one way that we tried and it seems to be working for me.

I have much more I want to say on the matter, but I have run out of time for now.  Check back for another post this evening!

1 comment:

  1. did they tell how us stress makers can rewire our personalities? ~a

    ReplyDelete