Monday, July 4, 2011

The New Experiment

Okay, I have done some crazy things in the last year and a half.  I have done 2 - 5Ks, tried all manner of exercise and even gotten off all caffeine.  But this new venture may just do us all in.  We are going Vegan!  (I think).

There is new research out regarding eating plans for People With Diabetes.

Dr. Neal Barnard has a book out called


Dr. Neal Barnard's Program for Reversing Diabetes 

The kicker is that the eating plan is Vegan.  Not just Vegetarian, Vegan! 

Vegan means no animal products.  That means no dairy, no eggs, and lots and lots of legumes, more commonly known as beans! 

The problem is that I don't like beans!  That is a mild term for my relationship with beans.  I like hummus, and hummus is created from garbanzo beans, but the beans and hummus are smushed beans and no longer look like beans.  I think it's a psychological thing.

This could be like the no more caffeine experiment.  I don't know though, no dairy means no cheese!  I don't know if I can survive without cheese!  Cheese is its own food group!

First step in this plan?  Buy the book.  As soon as I get paid this week we are off to Barnes and Noble to purchase our copy and then, if we like what we read, the experiment is on!!

 

1 comment:

  1. its amazing how wonderful the vegetarian/vegan stuff can be. its mostly hardest socially. but you don't have to be a zealot about it, as if all is lost if ya have meat or eggs or something. you can just eat 90 or 95 or whatever percent vegan and forgive yourself the rest. it really gets folks off your back when you nibble their non vegan stuff. ~a

    ReplyDelete