Monday, August 29, 2011

YOU KNOW YOU'RE IN TROUBLE WHEN . . .

While putting a salad together for a healthy, on plan lunch, you look down and realize you are holding the second of two chocolate chip cookies.  The first of which has already been devoured!  How did that happen?  How could I have opened the cookie tin, grabbed the cookies and eaten a cookie with no comprehension of what I was doing?!  Wow, I'm sure glad that there wasn't any cake in the house!!

I guess I am more obsessed with food than I realized!  If I was an alcoholic or a smoker I could just go cold turkey.  Maybe that would work, cold turkey on food.  Wait . . . that won't work, if I don't eat I die, and that is what we are trying to avoid!

I threw the cookie away and got back to my salad.  While I was doing that my mind started racing with thoughts of condemnation, and very negative thoughts about myself!!!

Then I remembered my class.  I am sabotaging myself with negative self talk!  That will not due.  I am not a failure, nor am I stupid and useless!

I am strong, confidant, and I am able to do this!

Yes, the scale has creeped along, unfortunately it's been creeping in the wrong direction! What I choose to do now is what is important.

Growing up, I was taught that you don't quit.  When the going gets tough you take a deep breath and push on through.  Now is the time to push.

I need to conquer the Exercise beast!  I'm not sure how yet, but I am ready to try again!


Deep breath.  Ready . . .set . . . go!

No comments:

Post a Comment