Saturday, August 20, 2011

A love letter to my boys . . .


My dearest boys,

You have both worked so hard and been so supportive of me in the last year or so that I have been on this journey.  I couldn’t ask for a better support system than the two of you.

I feel like I have let you down.  Somewhere along the line, with school, work, and all of the other things going on; I lost track of what was important, our family.  We started on this journey to ensure that all three of us would be along for a very long time.  I need to put my runaway train back on the rails.

That said, I am making you the following promises:
1.   No more ice cream
2.   No fast food
3.   Proper meal planning
4.   Exercise
Yes, you read it correctly, I am swearing off ice cream.  Does that prove how serious I am?

I want to see my grandchildren (Which won’t be for quite some time!).  I want to walk in the woods with my husband, and watch my son embark on his own epic journey.

I am sorry that I have let us all down.  It won’t happen again.

All my love,

Katie/Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment