Sunday, January 1, 2012

No more resolutuions

It's that time of year again.  We are all making those wonderful New Year's Resolutions.  You know, when we promise to turn over a new leaf and become that svelte athlete, the world's best dieter, and the most perfect person in the world.

All of which will last about two weeks.  A month if we are really dedicated.

Why do we think that a day on the calendar will make a difference in our lives?  It's just a day; isn't it?  Okay, it is a really good day to take stock of ourselves and commit to change what we don't like about us.  But shouldn't we be doing that every day? 

So every day is New Year's?  Boy will the alcohol industry be happy!

Yes, I need to change the way I eat, I need to exercise, I need to clean the living room.  But I don't need a special day to do that.

Besides who wants to go on  a diet?  We have discussed this before.  Why should I commit to an endeavor that has the word die in it?  Some one really needs to come up with a better word for it.  Live it?  That is much more fitting don't you think? 

Today is the day that I am going to start a live it!  Nah, doesn't work!  Anyone else have any ideas?


So go ahead, make a New Year's resolution. Let's all resolve to recommit to ourselves every day of the year!

1 comment:

  1. I think "Live It" is very commercial!! If you had access to media and contrast it to Die it. Love it! xox ~a

    ReplyDelete