Sunday, January 29, 2012

Breaking the Fast

So, my little fasting experiment came to a screeching halt on Tuesday evening.  I was really hungry and had a horrible headache.  I felt really lightheaded and couldn't think.  To make sure everything was alright, I tested my blood sugar.  43.  I have never had a number that low!


Dinner was quickly made for me and I ate some chips and cheese to hopefully stop the downward spiral I was on.  I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and my sugar was still so low that I had my very first insulin injection.  I don't have to be on insulin, it was just to get me over the hump.

Needless to say, that was the end of my juice fast.


I still think that detoxing my body is a good idea.  I just have to find another way to do it.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! Sorry.. and scary. :( its a horribly hard thing to do. even when your sugar numbers aren't 911
    ~a

    ReplyDelete