- When you are a kid, you get to goof off, play with your friends and explore the world, that's what kids do.
- When you are a teenager, you get to discover the opposite sex, make stupid mistakes, and drive a car. That's what teens do.
- When you are in your twenties, you figure out how to live on your own, discover the differences in people and reach the drinking age, that is what your twenties are for.
- When you are in your thirties, you settle down, establish your career and gather your family, the one that you are given, and the one that you make. That is what your thirties are for.
- When you are in your forties, you come to terms with yourself, really learn who you are and learn to like yourself, that's what your forties are for.
I'll admit, I'm a slow learner. I am only now realizing that I am fine the way I am. I am actually beginning to like me. I am not seeking approval from others, but looking inside for the approval that I need.
I may like my forties after all!