Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Caveman

So I have been doing research on this whole foods thing, let me tell you it is not as easy as one would think.  I was looking for some kind of plan to follow, in the hopes that it would be a bit easier.

While in Barnes and Noble over the weekend, wonderful hubby and I ran into a lady who has the same diagnosis that I do.  In talking to her, she told us that her doctor had recommend something called the Paleo diet.  Intrigued, I decided to check it out.

Three days of research later, I broached the subject with my boys.  They seem equally interested.

So it looks like we are going to be regressing back to the caveman days! 

http://thepaleodiet.com/


I need about another week of research and planning but I'm thinking a week from Sunday will be the start date.

I don't want to do fad diets, but I am trying to find something that we can follow.  I thought about going back to the Dtour (Outsmart Diabetes) diet, but I could not figure out how to modify it for the Gluten Intolerance and IBS.

Check the link out!  I'm very interested in reading what you all think!

Boot straps are pulled up and I am ready to go again.  I try, I fail, and I berate myself, but I can not stop trying!  I have to marshal on with this.

Also still thinking about moving this blog to a free-standing website.  Would anyone visit it?

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what a free standing website is. ? I know someone doing Paleo. Is it Celiac free? I would really want some sort of "guiding regimen" to go by, even if you have to do some modification. It helps to have some sort of structural inspiration sometimes. I am going to invite you to a chat group called Wise Womyn and I hope you might jump in. Otherwise, please unjoin if you don't want to be there. thanks ~a

    ReplyDelete